A Lesson in Grippers

Many of our gripper bars have options for the grippers: standard, marginless and corrugated. For example, check out the gripper bars for Bobst 1080 die cutters. http://www.conwaymachine.com/products/142/bobst-sp-1080-gripper-bar-complete

How do you know which one you need?

Standard is for die cutting basic paperboard–about the thickness of a cereal box.

Marginless is for die cutting with thinner to no margins. This is for specific die cutters and is more rare.

Corrugated is for die cutting thick board with larger flutes, about the thickness of a moving box.

Still not sure what you need? Send us a photo and we’ll help you figure it out.


Leave a Reply